Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Goods that are Good: Deft

From Racer X Online -




Yeah, I know that most of the content on BROtocross is just me making fun of people, but it was starting to get a little depressing to be constantly ODing on haterade, so I thought it would be cool to give some praise to guys that I think deserve it. I am going to try to make this a weekly feature on the BROto, but we'll see, because there are pretty few brands that I really respect. These guys at Deft Family get it. They actually understand that motocross is a sport that values creativity and individualism, something as different from the normal as we can get. No skulls, no jumbled, overdone designs, just simple and artistic product that you can look at and say "Oh ok, that's tight". Of course, they are probably the only brand in the industry made up completely of guys that shred on a bike. I don't actually know if Foster was ever a pro, but I do remember Logan Darien being on a couple of different satellite teams not too long ago, so we know he rips. And obviously Nate Adams is a god of freestyle, though we know that I am not the biggest freestyle fan, but he also rips on the track. Much respect, Nate. Right now they are only doing gloves, a la Grenade. It's pretty funny because I remember I had an idea for a company that was pretty much a carbon copy of Deft, a glove company that just made cool designs like Grenade had started out with in snowboarding, then I saw an interview with Nate Adams announcing Deft, and it was one of those times where I had a one word convo with my computer: "Shit". But these Deft guys are killing it, and I don't know if any of them frequent the BROto but if Foster, Logan, or Nate are reading, thank you guys for making some good goods. Eazy out.

1 comment:

  1. Lame didn't die. Just transfered from Lame Glove Co. to Lame Clothing Co. Shit is still crazy fresh.

    http://www.cafepress.com/lameclothing

    ReplyDelete