Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stewart is Now Clean



I feel like a tabloid writer with this title, but seriously, that's what we were all thinking about this vid before watching it. They are just asking for us to think that with the title of the vid. I definitely thought that it was going to be a serious, yet touching, expose on how Stewart was secretly addicted to antihistamines and that he was jonesing so hard for a fix during motos that he would have to toss some in his mouthpiece before the race. I was ready for footage of Stewart playing shuffleboard at the rehab center, the whole nine. But such was not the case. I will admit that for a few seconds I thought that the Kanye West move was legit, which probably means that I am a racist. Fuck, I really thought I wasn't. But I guess if I see a black guy singing on autotune, I automatically think it's real and begin verbally berating him in my mind. Ouch. (Kanye West sucks. Had to get that in there, it gives the argument a little more context, don't you think?)

I have to give it up to James here, I cannot believe that he could keep his composure for more than 5 seconds at a time on the camera. Sure, he's done tons of interviews, but this is different. Here he was at least supposed to convey some sort of personality. Don't get me wrong, that was by no means good, but Stewart has always seemed like a social retard. Is that not PC? Socially mentally challenged? That sounds awful. Moving on, he can barely talk to someone without looking down at the floor the whole time, even on his TV show where people probably get paid to talk to him. He can certainly ride a motorcycle, but I'm thinking that they nailed it in this video where they said that's the only thing he can do well.

1 comment:

  1. "I will admit that for a few seconds I thought that the Kanye West move was legit, which probably means that I am a racist. Fuck, I really thought I wasn't." That line had me laughing my ass off.

    ReplyDelete