Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BRO No: The Vans BRObee Video


Vans x Yo Gabba Gabba! Brobee from Off The Wall on Vimeo.

Have you seen this supposed-to-be viral video from Vans? Even if I was a four year old, I'd have to say that I find this insultingly immature. What the hell are they going for with shit like this? I know that this "Yo Gabba Gabba" ploy is being done to promote their kids' line, but dude, this is so stupid. What the hell does Yo Gabba Gabba even mean? Correction. What the hell is it supposed to mean? What was going through the heads of the marketing department when they figured that this would work? Of course, I don't know anything about little kids, in fact I'd like to keep it that way, so perhaps their weird little Spongebob-watching minds will respond well to visual and audio stimulation as ridiculous as this. It does raise the question of whether Vans is trying to corrupt today's youth or not. Never mind the fact this video wreaks of Idiocracy (it's a movie, look it up). Stuff like this pretty much encourages kids to be retarded. But also, the character's name is BRObee. They're trying to instill the BRO culture in the minds of your children. America is fucked, with a big giant lacrosse stick (the tool of the BROs). And trust me, readers, I don't want to knock down Vans. Find me any day of the week and I'm running around in a pair. But this is unacceptable.

1 comment:

  1. I think your thinking about it too much, and getting too serious. Personally, I don't care if Vans uses a Giant Monster Energy viBROrator doing a Double Back Flip Body Varial while shooting buttplugs out it's ass for extra lift on the back of a giant B.A.S.E. Jumping Sea Turtle to promote their shoes...

    Wait. No That would be awesome...

    What were we talking about again? Van's Footwear? Targeting kids for marketing? Idioteque? Wait , no that's radiohead. Fuck it I only wear tanker boots and Sidi.

    Damn, I think I drank too much Red Rock Monster energy bull this morning.

    ReplyDelete