Monday, January 10, 2011

A1 Fantasy Breakdown in Hindsight



This is a special week for BROtocross. This is the first week that the blog has existed during the AMA season. That means that finally I have things to talk about other than how much I hate this or that. Don't kid yourselves, I'll probably still be making fun of just about everything for which I can think of a relevant simile, so fear not, it won't be too much of a change of pace. So I'm going to start off this week with a review of my Moto X Dream fantasy picks. And if you are wondering why the Zoolander video, just keep reading, it all ties in. I'm like the M. Night Shyamalan of moto bloggers.

So as far as the 250 class, I pretty much ran the show. It's definitely next to irresponsible to assume that any team got more points than I did in that class. As far as I know, there's no way to see individual team rankings in individual classes, but take it for what it's worth from mothafuckin' Eazy, I won that shit. In the breakdown before the fact, I gave you all my team as Hansen, Hahn, Morais, and Rattray. But my BROey senses began tingling, and I knew that changes needed to be made (at least, I think that's what the tingling meant). Anyway, I should disclose something right now: I definitely didn't read the rules. But come on, who does? For fantasy supercross? Please, just pick the winners and we can wrap this up. But no, the guys over at MXD had to be complicated, and give us this handicapping and some HOT rider rule. It took one of my most loyal listeners and callers, Anonymous, to explain the HOT rider rule to me. Basically the HOT riders earn double points if they finish inside the top 10, after handicapping is accounted for. That definitely threw a wrench into things, as I wasn't taking advantage of this rule at all. So changes had to be made, and hearts broken. Morais got the cut, and Roczen got the call up to the big leagues, because that Roczen is so hot right now (told you). Then Hahn turned his back into a pretzel, and he was all done-gy, so I decided to take something of a risk and give the cleanup spot to another HOT rider, Davalos. So let's break that down: Hansen, Rattray, Roczen, Davalos. That's right, team BROtocross fucking killed it. Why does anyone even bother going against the will of Eazy? And I called the win for Hansen, go back to the post and look. Unfortunately, they don't handicap past first, or else I would have been epically murdering the competition.

Sadly, the BROto 450 team did not observe the same success as their small bore counterparts. This team also saw some adjustment from what was originally disclosed to the BROtocross faithful. I dropped Tedesco and Grant for HOT riders Millsaps and Regal to join my powerhouse team of Dungey and Windham. They say hindsight's 20-20, and whoever decided that was a fucking genius, because for the life of me, I don't know what I was thinking with Millsaps. He definitely has had some decent results, but for the most part is sickeningly unimpressive ever since he cut the cord with Colleen and MTF. An epic fail on the part of my judgement. I stand by my choice of Regal, although he totally failed, as well. I mean, he is obviously a fast rider on a 450, and even on the Valli team last year riding the 250, he was still really fast. So I figured that on an L&M 450, he'd be so hot right now, as well. But you can't win 'em all, and he certainly proved that. Dungey did well, although I must admit I really debated on using Villopoto as my lead off man. Once again, FAIL. So that's the breakdown in hindsight. The good thing is that all of the guys that I didn't pick are up for grabs this week, so I'll probably be destroying the 450 class at Phoenix. The 250s might be a problem, but that's a problem that future Eazy is more than capable of handling.

1 comment:

  1. When is the cutoff to pick riders? Like a couple hours before...? Because if that's the case I fucked myself over. Hahn killed me crashing out..

    ReplyDelete